Panko Baked Chicken
No worries! I have not disappeared again! I’ve just been trying all these new things so that I would have something to blog about. For this meal, I was inspired by Kat’s Crispy Chicken Skewers (you should check out her blog – she cooks, he eats!). But, that night, I did not feel like going through the trouble of putting chicken on skewers (I was starving and wanted to eat as fast as possible). So, I just altered her Crispy Chicken Skewers a little and didn’t use the skewers.
I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts because I think chicken thighs come out a bit moister than chicken breasts do (I usually clean the chicken and cut off as much of the fat as possible to make it healthier).
- Chicken thighs
- 3 Egg whites lightly beaten (This adaption also makes it a bit healthier)
- Paula’s House Seasoning (used in Beef Stroganoff recipe)
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit
- Prep chicken – clean off fat, cut into pieces if desired.
- Season chicken with House seasoning. (Kat seasons her chicken with salt, pepper and Lawry’s Season-All) *I’d season lightly at this step if you’re planning to put seasoning in the breading.
- Mix breading – panko, flour and seasoning. I used a 2:1 panko-flour ratio. Add as much or as little seasoning as you would like.
- Set up your assembly line – 3 egg whites in one bowl, breading in another and baking sheets.
- Dip chicken in egg whites, then breading and place on baking sheet. I lined my baking sheets with foil but I think parchment paper like Kat used would work better.
- Spray chicken with non-stick cooking spray or spritz with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip over and bake for another 15 minutes.
- I drizzled fat-free honey mustard dressing over my chicken but feel free to use your choice of condiment! Enjoy!