What’s a better way to beat the heat than with a cold tray of jello? Well, a tray of rainbow jello would do it! These are the perfect treat for the summer heat – no one likes baking when the summer heat and the heat from the oven make you want to faint. Rainbow jello is family and party favorite back in Hawaii. It’s almost a guarantee that there will be some at any family party or gathering you attend. AND, it’s relatively easy to make.
- 4 – 3oz. gelatin: lime, orange, strawberry, blueberry (Feel free to use your favorite flavors, these are just what I usually use)
- 6 pkg knox gelatin
- 1 can condensed milk
- Grease 13×9 inch pan with pam. Dissolve boxes of gelatin with one pkg of knox each and 1 cup hot water each. Cool.
- Mix one can condensed milk and one cup hot water.
- Mix 2 pkgs knox in ¼ cup tap water. Add ¾ cup hot water and the condensed milk mixture. Cool.
- Alternate flavored gelatin with the milk mixture. You want to make sure that the previous layer of jello isn’t too set or too soft – if it’s too firm, the layers will not stick together and if it’s too soft, the new layer will ruin the previous layer! Also, if the new layer is too hot when you pour it into the pan, it will melt the previous layer. Pour slowly and don’t rush. You also want to try and make all the layers equal. This will mean pouring somewhat equal amounts of the milk mixture for each milk layer.
- When finished pouring all the layers, let jello set for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Have fun! Oh, and a secret? It’s always a lot of fun to peel the layers apart and eat them separately!