We love pizza. What’s even more fun than just some good ol’ ‘za (as a long-time friend calls it)? Making your own pizza! This is the perfect breakfast for a lazy weekend – you get the quality time and some great homemade pizza all at the same time. It was a nice change from our usual oatmeal breakfast. Plus, it’s oh-so-simple and utterly customizable! I was initially inspired by Smitten Kitchen’s breakfast pizza which looks so much more gourmet than our pizza does.
Breakfast Pizza, un-gourmet and just plain YUM style
- Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough
- Scrambled eggs (We used Southwestern Eggbeaters)
- Jimmy Dean’s breakfast turkey sausage
- country gravy (made from the package) for sauce
- Frozen, packaged hash browns
- Cheddar/Mozzarella Cheese mixture
- Roll out pizza dough on cookie sheet, pre-bake for desired time per package directions(We like to pre-bake for a little longer than the package says to so the pizza doesn’t get soggy when you load it up).
- Scramble eggs
- Make country gravy per package directions.
- When pizza crust is done pre-baking, take out of oven and cool just a little.
- Spread country gravy on crust.
- Add cheese, eggs, sausage and hash browns.
- Bake for 10 more minutes to melt cheese.(or as long as you desire).