Baked churro bites
MMmmMM! Love these. I especially loved that you could just pop one in your mouth. This, of course, made them dangerous. Thank you, Erica at Sweet Tooth for this amazing original! They had great flavor for the spices in the batter and the cinnamon sugar topping just took them over the edge! I was also just really surprised at how much they puffed up in the oven and just how round they looked! 🙂 They’d make for a great treat for parties or a movie night gathering with friends!
For the churros bites:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a pan of mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixture, beat together the sugar and butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly alternate adding the flour mixture and milk, starting and ending with the flour. Mix until just incorporated.
- Use a small cookie scoop to fill each muffin tin and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until just golden brown.
- While the churro bites are baking, melt butter in a bowl and combine cinnamon and sugar in a shallow dish.
- When churro bites are done, immediately remove from the pan and dip each bite in the butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.