Coconut zucchini bread
Yum, yum, yum! Maria over at twopeasandtheirpod.com does it again with this awesome recipe! I haven’t come across a recipe I haven’t loved and I don’t think I ever will. I loved that it didn’t use butter and was still über moist! It was really easy to throw together and the coconut taste was amazing! Love, love, love! Plus, look at it this way: it doesn’t have butter and uses zucchini – it MUST be good for you! 😉 She used Chobani greek yogurt (as the recipe states below) but I had sour cream on-hand and didn’t want to buy extras just to make this. So, you can use one or the other – both work well!
What you need:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (squeezed and drained in a paper towel)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (Maria used Chobani 0%), at room temperature
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine shredded zucchini, sugars, coconut oil, yogurt, egg, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Stir in the shredded coconut.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let zucchini bread cool in pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the bread from the pan and cool completely before slicing.