Creamy Mushroom Pasta Sauce
This was really good. Not quite as good as the creamy garlic pasta, but still delicious. It was also easy to make which made this an easy dish for a week night. I have an inkling this wasn’t outstanding because we didn’t put the dill in (forgot to get it while we were at the grocery store). We’ll try it again with dill and let you know. We made it with spinach pasta from Pappardelles (hence the green noodles). The sauce was thick, creamy and tasted wonderfully like mushrooms! 🙂 Exactly what it was supposed to taste like! So, if you have a craving for some creamy pasta, you might want to try this one out. Let me know if you make any alterations and how it turned out! You might want to try it with a wider pasta, too. 🙂
What you need:
1/2 LBS mushrooms, sliced
1 onion and 2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cup cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
What to do:
- Slice 1/2 LBS mushrooms and finely chop 1 onion and 2 garlic cloves.
- Heat up a pan and saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil until the mushroom starts to golden and the onion is soft.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken stock, 1 1/2 cup cream and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook up enough pasta for 4 people, remember to ad salt to the water.Boil until al dente.
- Strain and place in a bowl. Add the sauce, mix and serve with shaved parmesan on top.